Read: Tina Cormier's Interview in GeoHipster
Tina Cormier is a remote sensing scientist at TellusLabs. She was recently featured in an awesome interview with geohipster.com! In the interview, she offers six pieces of advice for anyone starting up in the geospatial community:
- "Don’t be afraid to try something new, and don’t be afraid to fail and break things. If you never fail, you aren’t pushing yourself hard enough!
- Learn to code (see #1).
- Impostor syndrome will get you nowhere. Focus on your strengths and what you bring to a situation, and don’t lament not knowing what everyone else seems to know. They don’t.
- Help people. You didn’t get wherever you are on your own — pay it forward when you can.
- Take time off. It never feels like a good time, but you need to do it, so just do it.
- Adopt an animal (unrelated, but still important!)."
Check out the full article here.
Also in News
Today at noon EST, the USDA released its October Crop Production Report, which included forecasts for the end-of-season US corn and soy yield.
Today at noon EST, the USDA released its September Crop Production Report, which included forecasts for the end-of-season US corn and soy yield.
We’re proud to announce an overhaul of the mapping functionality in Kernel.